Performs necessary repairs and preventative maintenance to preserve all buildings and equipment at a peak level of operation and appearance at the most reasonable level of expense possible. Directly supervises the daily site physical plant operations and the staff performing its maintenance. Performs and direct repairs and/or replacements of all mechanical and structural systems contained within the respective property.
Partial list of duties:
1. Monitors completion of make-ready units and updates written make ready status board and maintenance software, as needed.
2. Trouble-shoots, diagnoses and corrects major air conditioning failures (i.e., low freon, bad compressor, fan motors). Must be EPA certified. Ensures filters are replaced in a timely manner.
Replaces complete systems as needed. Performs air conditioning repairs and replacements in compliance with federal regulations.
3. Trouble-shoots, diagnoses and corrects major heating failures (i.e., replace heat strips, exchangers, thermocouplings, boilers, tube bundles, etc.). Completes preventive maintenance as necessary.
4. Trouble-shoots, diagnoses and corrects major appliance failures (i.e., change out or repair dishwasher motors, garbage disposals, ice makers, stove elements, thermocouplings, etc.).
5. Completes major electrical repairs and/or supervises outside contractors. May work with high voltage 110-220 volt.
6. Completes major plumbing repairs (i.e., replacement of major components or sewer line stoppage diagnosis).
7. Completes major carpentry, glass and sheet rock repairs (i.e., remove/replace door frames, patch holes in sheet rock, apply texture, repair sub floors, repair cabinets, etc.) and/or supervises outside contractors.
8. Monitors and records daily pool care, assures pool is in proper chemical balance and area is free of safety violations, (i.e., safety equipment, gate function, etc.). Possesses pool operator's certificate.
9. Completes major repairs and/or supervises outside contractors. Must be willing and able to inspect all areas of the property for determination of problems and/or verify work performed by outside contractors.
10. Continuously inspects the property (including nighttime inspections) for safety hazards that pose a liability or potential liability and corrects immediately.
11. Inspects the site and building regularly, becoming familiar with inherent problems and repairing same while performing daily duties as directed by the Property Manager and regional/corporate executives.