The main responsibility of a Park Entrance Attendant is to greet and assist members as they enter the park. Provide services for our members, monitor access to LVPOA parks, and answer any questions and information on LVPOA rules and policies. Park Attendants must have strong communication and customer service skills. Park Attendants work outdoors and observe, check and record entry into our parks.
1. Controls park access to only LVPOA members and their guest and identifies trespassers.
2. Member guests are limited to 2 vehicles per day.
3. Communicates LVPOA rules and policies to members and their guests.
4. Answers members’ questions and assists them with use of LVPOA facilities as needed and appropriate.
5. Works with the Ranger to maintain order in LVPOA parks and ensures that POA rules are followed.
6. Issues guest passes.
7. Reports rule violations, property damage and other incidents to the Ranger on duty and assists with gathering necessary documentation and evidence for follow-up.
8. Records daily activities and irregularities, such as number of vehicle access, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
Park Entrance Attendants Report to the Ranger Manager of the LVPOA
• Typically work 6 hour shifts, anywhere between the hours of 10:00 am and 8:00 pm, weekends including holidays.
• Work outdoors, exposed to temperature and weather extremes.
• Work with customers, members or the public who can be angry, under the influence of alcohol, or have complaints.
• Work in an unsupervised setting, requiring use of independent judgment to solve problems
• This position is between April and September depending on the POA needs as determined by the Ranger manager.